Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Coookies

Hello everyone. Have you started your Christmas Cookie Baking? I tied-on my Christmas Apron and started last night with a double batch of snickerdoodles and a batch of butterballs. I learned I need to read the manual for my new oven. The bottom rack of the oven is hotter than the rest. I need to find out why. Guess how I know this. Yup, right in one... the cookies placed on the bottom rack were... slightly blackened.
Fast forward an hour, the lights are on- on the Christmas tree, the Christmas music is playing (an eclectic mix of the classics and some Kenny G thrown in.) A beautiful setting accompanied with a delightful cookie/vanilla smell. The family comes home from swim practice and states, "Wow the house smells great!" and devoured the cookies! I'm standing there watching them eat the cookies, and grabbing the milk. I managed to put away two dozen (out of four and a half of the snickerdoodles), although I expect after school today those will mysteriously disappear.
So tonight I shall begin this endeavor again.

1 comment: