Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blue Moon

I've been reading other bloggers posts today. Some were reviewing their year, others making some resolutions. One even talked about the blue moon tonight. As for me, I'll relay a mishmosh of things.
It's been a challenging year. Grandma's (my Mother) health overshadowed most of what consumed me for a while now. My wish for the New Year is that for her health to rebound and for her to enjoy life's treasures to the fullest.
I hope for a good economy so that my husband's small business can prosper and grow. I also hope for continued support of the local libraries so we can continue to serve our public to the best of our abilities.
I want to enjoy my family and farm. I want to take fun breaks with my husband and daughters and enjoy our lives together. I would like to add to the farm this year, but I fear that my first year with the bees will be enough for now. I hope to add to the garden and the orchard. We need to look into the fruit trees that are having growing difficulties (eg...deer!) and figure out how to help them be fruitful. I hope to add some elderberries (why do they smell so good when they are cooking?) and blueberry bushes too.
Well I'm off to see if I can spot a blue moon! Until next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment