Wednesday, November 25, 2009

'Twas the day before Thanksgiving

'Twas the day before Thanksgiving, and I'm scurrying about
with doctor appointments and forgotten ingredients from my grocery list.

When the going gets tough its time to take a break---
I'm going to make a pumpkin bread for Thanksgiving with a recipe from my friend Sue. (She won 1st place with this recipe at the Canfield Fair). How bad can I mess this up?
Don't you just love the little butters? Oops... this recipe doesn't use butter. Hmmm... a recipe without butter. What would Paula Deen or Ree Drummond say? What would Flannel Man say? Oh well, I'll be back butter.



Then I grabbed my mini loaf pans that I remember my Grandma using for her bread recipes. (For all my antique'e friends these are Cake King loaf pans--MADE IN THE USA! Obviously this is BC...(Before China)*wink* Come on group... how old are these?)

Then I dragged out my favorite baking bowl. Its a Longaberger Bowl that I bought for myself shortly after I married the Flannel Man. Ever since this has been my bowl for all my baking projects. The girls are warned within an inch of their lives not to break this bowl. They usually use another glass bowl of mine or the Tupperware! Sorry folks, but this is MINE.


And Voila! Through blogger magic a batch of pumpkin bread batter appears. It's missing something. I think I'll sprinkle some mini chocolate chips in...why put a good recipe in the oven without a good dose of chocolate. MMMMM... some for me... some for the batter.


Now we wait..... about an hour. I'll let you know how this pumpkin bread turns out.

Wait for it....

Wait for it...



YUM!!!

2 comments:

  1. It will be wonderful. A blue ribbon winner for sure!

    Sue M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wine bottles in the background! Looks like my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete