Friday, May 13, 2011

Hens and Chicks- gardening style

Today, I also ventured down to the Fellows Riverside Garden Plant sale. I've never been before,but thought I'd take a chance. What a lovely selection of plants,trees, shrubs, and containers. You name it, I'm sure they have it!
Now, something on my wishlist this year was to try to make a hen and chick wreath. And the Gardens had all the fixins ... wreath, liner and plants. So in pictures I take you from wire frame to soil, to plants to finished product. The "experts" at the Gardens informed me that it will take the entire season for this to fill out. And something else truly cool, I can hang it up. They also suggested in the winter that I can bring it in the house and use it as a centerpiece for the table, just add a candle to the center! What a neat idea. Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment