Monday, September 7, 2009

Vacation week...what a blur.

I took a week's vacation to spend with my daughters. This year however, the school system started school before Labor Day because the holiday was late this year. They went to school on Monday. Monday was also the Austintown Fitch Band Night. So Jim and I worked the concession stand, watched 5 area high school bands along with the YSU Marching Band AFTER we watched Emily in her first Volleyball game.
Day two, I removed the girls from school to submit their entries to the fair. The school permitted them an educational absence as long as I submitted a copy of their Canfield Fair entry form. I just love paperwork *sarcasm*. Then we visited with Grandma for a short while. Emily attended Volleyball practice and Allison had to report to school to catch the bus for a neighboring school's band night. Dad and I picked up Emily and Allison's friend, Lauryn, and headed off to Canfield High School for another band night.
Wednesday, the girls went back to school. I managed to squeeze in canning the sauerkraut. You should have smelled my house! *whew* This was my first attempt, we hoped it worked as it should. Only time will tell. Emily had an away volleyball game and arrived late. I guess the first week of school is crazy for the transportation office as the whole busing thing was askew.
Thursday was a waiver day for the school and found us at the Canfield Fair! Yeah! Emily had to report to the church Apple Dumpling stand to volunteer as this is a part of her Confirmation service project for our church. Allison arrived with the marching band, marched around the track and performed at the grandstand. They sound wonderful. I received many comments from people throughout the day about how well they sounded. Then I dashed off to the Columbiana-Mahoning County Beekeepers Association stand. We sold honey sticks, honey, and beeswax. Our stand also had a display of a glass enclosed honeybee hive. I was also educated on Ohio issue #2. This issue is to establish a Livestock Care Standards Board. This board will establish a well rounded representation of veterinarians, farmers, animal advocates to ensure that Ohioans have a healthy food supply. So this fall ....Vote YES on issue #2. After Emily and I served our time and Allison roamed the fair...it was off to take Emily to her volleyball practice. Allison came home with me to take care of the animals and collect eggs. Dad came home and we were off to get Emily and return to the fair for supper. We checked out all the displays, and made plans for next year.
Friday again no school and we were winding down. Emily was off to practice and Allison slept in. I picked up the flowers from the band fundraiser and received 6 red roses. What fun this is. Let me explain. The band sold for $25 a card from the local florist. On this card you can go into the flower shop once a month for a year and receive a bouquet of flowers. The bouquet varies every month and September started with 6 red roses. I bought a card for my mom too. So I took her 6 red roses on Saturday... and she loved it. This is a great value for $25 and a great way to support a local small business.Friday night was another home game and found Dad and I in concession stand #2 again.
Saturday, Emily went to practice and I was slowing down. Allison slept in again. We went back out to the fair for a couple hours. I got to visit with Grandma everyday except Thursday. We ate dinner at home! It was the first time we sat down for dinner all week... and did we enjoy that.
Sunday, I took Rikki to see Grandma. She loved it. I think Rikki enjoyed it too. We started some farm chores, cleaning out the little decorative pond for the winter, removing some plants, cleaning out the shed and other farm chores(poo pick up).
Monday, Emily off to practice, house cleaning was also on tap for the day. Tomorrow back to my routine of work, getting the girls to practices, and visiting mom.
I think I can clearly state that I need a vacation from my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment