Monday, September 28, 2009

Our weekend

My family and friends are wonderful. After raining the previous day, night and part of the morning the skies cleared up and we enjoyed a pleasant afternoon of friends and food. It is wonderful to welcome people to our farm, to show them our animals and our comfy home. The adults grazed on our ripe red raspberries and concord grapes. They picked a few tomatoes that still remain and received some farm fresh eggs in the deal. The children 'ran' with the alpacas--the alpacas needed the exercise as they are well fed and they petted the chickens, even the elusive rooster. Even though I stress over a clean home and close off many doors to areas not receiving my thorough attention our Sunday afternoon was terrific.

I also visited briefly with my dear friend before our little farm/wienie roast. She is undergoing a battle and needs our prayers. Just send up a healing/thinking of you prayer for my friend Tiffany a wonderful person ---that a bad thing is happening to. She is battling a stage 4 cancer and doing wonderfully.

Fall is in the air, the leaves are changing, our schedule is hectic with volleyball and football games. And there isn't anything else I would like to do or anywhere else I'd rather be.

I hope to post some photos this week.
Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment