Sunday, August 16, 2009

Time!

I need more time!
This week dad, the girls and I picked some blueberries from a friend's farm. We picked about 6 quarts and froze them for our enjoyment in the winter. I have some lovely pictures from our berry picking adventure on my new cell phone. However, I need to get a usb cable for the phone to upload to the computer. Let's put that on my list of things to do.

Today I made 6 pints of Salsa. There are plenty more tomatoes and I plan to make more salsa, sauce, and plain ol' canned tomatoes as the season wears on.

We received our entry tickets for the Canfield Fair and cannot wait for the fair to begin. However, the school system in its infinite wisdom decided to start school the week of the fair! I'm unsure if the girls will make it to school on that Tuesday(Sept. 1) because our baked entries need to be submitted that day.

This weekend the beekeepers group will be preparing honey for sale at the fair. I haven't experienced this yet and am anxious to see how this whole process works. Dad agreed to get my hives for my birthday. So when I attend this week's meeting I'll ask around for some advice and order up my hive boxes to get them ready for spring.

Here is something new, it's been like summer this week. It has been sunny and warm, our air conditioner is on, and we are constantly refreshing the critters water buckets.

Still no eggs from the chickens. I think my chicken will be September layers! That's my new story and I'm sticking to it!

I received another apple catalog. This is from an orchard in Central Pennsylvania. It contains both varieties of apples I want to add to the farm. I think we will probably order these this winter.

I also went to the bookstore to look up a new magazine on -of all things- cheese. It's called Culture magazine and contains all things cheese. It is very entertaining and educational. I'm looking into learning how to make cheese and this looks like a terrific resource.

My little herb garden went unweeded because I spied some poison ivy in there. So dad decided to weed wack the whole thing. Arguuh. No Sweet Annie wreaths or anything else will be harvested from my little patch. Next year I'll have to mulch this heavily and mark my plants clearly.

I also bought some more fabric for my fabric therapy... I think I'll call this apron therapy! I found some awesome prints and can't wait to find some time to make a few more aprons. I've already made one to submit as an entry into the fair this year. I'll post a photo after the fair. I've been making oven mitts like mom used to make in the same fabric. I found some oven safe batting at JoAnn Fabric's and its cool to have a matching apron and mitt.

Exciting news from Emily. She has made the 7th grade girls volleyball team! Congrats to my baby and good luck in this new-to-you sport.

Allison has been busy with Marching Band practice. Yesterday the band participated in the Alliance Carnation Day Parade. It was quite warm and she was 'fried' when she returned. I am very proud of her dedication and her pride in representing the school and our community. Now on to 2 band nights and Friday night football games!

Now for the disturbing news. Grandma had a bad fall this week and had to go to the hospital. She is recovering nicely and is in a physical & occupational rehab center until she gets her strength back. God Bless you Mom and I hope you get better real soon!

Now its time to get some other chores done...

No comments:

Post a Comment