Friday, August 28, 2009

Last Night...a quaint story

Last night after Emily and I returned home from all our errands, I walked back to close up the chicken coop. Everyone was in and happy ...or so I thought. I looked over at the alpacas and they were standing outside their barn staring inside. I thought that was strange, so I went over to see what they were looking at. I turned the light on (Thank you JIM) in the barn and there was a hen. She was looking at me, lost and scared. I talked to her in a calming voice (Thinking of Melanie as I did this...only Melanie would have talked in chicken! *wink*),scooped her up,shut off the light and proceeded to take her back to her friends. I thought this scene may have looked somewhat comical to anyone that would have watched. I had a purse on one arm, a chicken in another...juggling with gates and latches. I finally reached the chicken coop,set our wayward friend down and she clucked quietly as she found a place to roost for the night. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment