Thursday, August 4, 2011

Busy,...Busy Summer.

Canned Peaches

Peach Salsa

Peach Salsa

It has been a very busy summer.
Joel, our friend from Great Britain visited with our family early in July. We took him to see the Cleveland Indians beat the New York Yankees (oh yeah), Cedar Point and Niagara Falls, Canada. I think he enjoyed his stay.
Allison and Joel

Joel loving the Falls!

Allison ,Joel and Emily getting ready for the 4th of July parade.

We also went to the Deathly Hallows part 2 movie. Joel was priceless when he shouted before the movie started...."There's a troll in the dungeon!" Everyone thought his accent was spot on! LOL!



Now we are hosting Hinata, a student from Okinawa, Japan. She will be visiting with us for three weeks. So far we have taken her to a Scrappers baseball game and the Ohio State Fair. Many other fun things are scheduled for her as well.
As for me, I've been busy canning. My husband bought some delicious peaches from Rhodes Farm Stand and I canned peaches, made peach jam with Rosalie and Emily and even made homemade peach salsa.
Yesterday I took the girls to a friend's farm and picked some blueberries. Then another friend dropped off his excess pickles and for the first time I made sweet pickle relish and homemade (not Mrs. Wages) Bread and Butter Pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment