Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One thing done....

One thing on my "list of things to do" is completed! I finished putting the rest of the non adhesive contact paper in my pantry. Call this "pantry therapy". I feel like I have accomplished something. In completing this project I sort of talked to my self a bit and took a non scientific inventory of the pantry contents.
First, I find some canned soups for when a teen gets sick...for there is something comforting about that red and white Campbell's soup label. As for me... let me start with some broth and egg noodles and cut up some chicken.
Second, my canned goods. You will find three types of jam/jelly. (Grape and Black Raspberry Jelly and Strawberry jam). Ok.. on the list for next year, Elderberry jelly and Peach Jam....oh yeah. (note to self: need a clone). Also on the shelf - tomato based canned items such as salsa, spaghetti sauce and tomatoes...straight up! And next,(drum roll) this year, we added sauerkraut. We tried the sauerkraut for the first time over the holidays. WOW! Outstanding. I don't know if it is the early cabbage I used or the stars were aligned, but I can't go back to the store stuff again. I'm doomed! My husband was so comfortable with our attempt...he gave a few jars to the neighbor. And the neighbor loved it too!
There are also some canned beets on the shelf. I forgot how much I like pickled beets. I like them so much that there is only one jar left! It's January! There is only one jar of beets left! Arguuuhhh. Ok... 2010 list of things to do...plant more beets...make MORE pickled beets.
Wish list time....canned green beans. Why can't I can green beans? I follow the directions and still they don't process well....one shouldn't eat fuzzy green beans!
This green bean dilemma has led me to another thought... I'll have to contact my extension office and hope they have classes to help the green bean challenged.
Well, I must go ponder some more projects and maybe even complete one! *smile*
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment